Friday, February 3, 2012

Sparkfun AVC 2012

  1. The Sparkfun Air Show has been cancelled. No helicopters or quadrotors allowed. It just didn't seem like a good idea to them to have an autonomous spinning blade of death out on a course surrounded by hundreds of spectators. I support their decision, but it certainly puts a damper on my enthusiasm to build Arisa.
  2. I didn't buy an entry in time. I have an entry in now in backorder, but who knows if or when that will come in.
  3. I was too ambitious last year. When the helicopter burned out, I only had a week to try to build a car, and didn't get it done. This year, the plan is:
  • Get Yukari working, which means getting the Loginator working and repairing/replacing the steering servo in the car. Yukari is done when it can drive around the school.
  • Build the Secret Project. I have an idea for a robot unlike any other seen at any previous AVC. Information wants to be free, especially secret information. You only own an idea as long as you don't share it (there is no such thing as intellectual property, a subject for another post) so the Secret Project will remain secret. Even the name is secret. As if from Paranoia, the classification level of the document is also classified. This is partly because a) if you knew the name, it would reveal the design, and b) I haven't even given it a name yet.

3 comments:

  1. I know what it is though, so does that mean I own the idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, two people can keep a secret as long as one of them is dead. If you know it, no one owns it. It has become free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the reveal! I'm on the waiting list, too. :(

    ReplyDelete